Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

The Self In Exile


O world so full of treachery!
thou hast cast thy smiles at me
for still I reap, incessantly
fruits bittersweet of chastity,
solitude, melancholy,
while thou deniest so dastardly
that thou not darest to live like me
in realms beyond thy eyes can see
perceive so much apart from thee
as visions, lights, a melody,
sprouting from divinity;
forsooth thou triest to make me flee
stumble, fall onto my knees
squall to heavens, desperately:
"O world, o God, oh woe, prithee,
wherefore must this happen to me?"
Yet, never - I can guarantee -
will I dispute that I am free,
nor bemoan my destiny!
I must accept and shall agree:
some are just not meant to be..




Dieses "Gedicht", wenn man es so nennen mag, hab ich vor einiger Zeit spontan geschrieben und auf Facebook veröffentlicht, wo es aber meiner Meinung nach nicht hingehört. Ich räume mein Profil nach und nach auf und veröffentliche gewisse Dinge von nun an hier. Das Eulenbild ist von Albrecht Dürer, und ich fand dass der Ausdruck irgendwie zum Inhalt des Gedichts passt.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen